YouthCAN’s 11th Annual Conference was held on August 14-16, 2017
The conference goal is to expose high school youth in care to post-secondary options and career opportunities. This year’s YouthCAN Conference aims to develop leaders, build character, motivate and inspire youth in care to make their own successful story through communication, advocacy, and networking opportunities.
The YouthCAN team, in conjunction with the conference planning committee made up of CAS youth and staff from across the province, have worked hard to ensure that this year’s conference will have something for everyone!
Benefits of Attending
- Enhance your communication, teamwork and leadership skills
- Develop connections with over 250 participants
- Motivating speakers, hands-on workshops, and activities
- Expand your educational and professional options
- True post-secondary life experience through staying at McMaster University in Hamilton.
- Various leadership, team and skill building activities (icebreakers, amazing race, and ALTITUDE leadership program).
- Various interactive learning sessions for youth (3D theatre show, museum, nuclear reactor tour, and nature walks).
- Youth transitioning out of care, post-secondary and OSAP educational session.
- Energetic and motivational keynote speakers.
- Lunch time “Exhibition Fair” and “Career Crawl” with 15+ community organizations.
- Access to unlimited photo prints with fun Photobooth.
- Free time with organized sports available.
- YouthCAN Talent Open Showcase: Everyone is welcome to showcase whatever talents they have on stage. Ex. Singing, dancing, poetry, playing instruments, comedy skits, etc.
- Group cheer/dance off at YouthCAN Talent Open Showcase and throughout whole conference.
- Annual YouthCAN dance.
- Nightly fire pit.
- Prizes to be won for both youth and staff.
Previous Annual Conferences
Click here for more information about previous conferences, the conference programs, and conference posters.