8th Annual YouthCAN Conference: SUCCESS. It`s in your hands! The Ontario Youth Communication Advocacy Network (YouthCAN) unites over 250 youth in care in Ontario. The highly anticipated event is focused on education, networking, skill building, and leadership development. This year, for the first time the conference is being held at Humber College North Campus in partnership with the Youth Enrichment at Humber (YEAH!) program, providing stimulating academic experiences that venture beyond the scope of the traditional classroom.
Here are some of the highlights:
- conference program
- interactive workshops for youth
- staff leadership training for Children’s Aid Society staff chaperones
- Children’s Aid Society showcase
- a lunchtime “Opportunities Fair” poster session on August 13th featuring over 15 community organizations that serve youth in and from care
- An introduction to Humber College and interactive sessions
- “YouthCAN Idol” Talent Show
- YouthCAN Dance
- Recreational sports
- Lots of prizes to be won for both youth and staff
- Opening keynote by Mat Todd
On top of the jam-packed and fun program, youth and staff will get a real “post-secondary” experience at Humber`s recently renovated campus! You will eat at the college, sleep at the residence centre and hear from Humber staff about programs, services and supports for students. There will be lots of opportunity for youth to think about post-secondary education as an option.