YouthCAN Annual Conference
The 9th Annual YouthCAN Conference, Gear up for Success! For the second year in a row, the conference will be held in conjunction with Humber College’s YEAH program (Youth Enrichment at Humber).
The conference goal is to expose high school youth in care to post-secondary options and career opportunities. This year’s YouthCAN Conference aims to develop leaders, build character, and provide a platform to Gear up for Success in communication, advocacy, and networking opportunities.
The YouthCAN team, in conjunction with the conference planning committee made up of CAS youth and staff from across the province, have worked hard to ensure that this year’s conference will have something for everyone!
Some highlights of Gear up for Success conference include:
- The Youth Alumni Panel: Former youth in care will share tips about high school, transitioning out of care, independent living, entering post-secondary and starting their careers!
- The Professional Panel: Successful industry professionals share their personal and career journeys. Their career path consisted of several challenges and barriers that they’ve had to overcome to reach where they are today!
- Interactive program sessions for youth on career planning, post-secondary life, animation, photography, health and the environment.
- Various leadership, team and skill building activities (icebreakers, amazing race, and circuit challenges).
- CAS staff will have their own mini-conference with time to network, discuss CAS hot topic issues, CAS agency showcase, zone planning, and presentations.
- True post-secondary life experience through staying at Humber College’s modern North campus
- Lunch time “Exhibition Fair” with 15+ community organizations.
- Option to watch National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) basketball game.
- Access to unlimited photo prints with fun Photobooth
- Your own YouthCAN T-shirt along with various fun SWAG materials.
- YouthCAN Talent Open Showcase: Everyone is welcome to showcase whatever talents they have on stage. Ex. Singing, dancing, poetry, playing instruments, comedy skits, etc.
- YouthCAN Art Showcase: bring your personal arts and crafts you want to share with us!
- YouthCAN dance
- Prizes to be won for both youth and staff
Click here for more information about previous conferences, the conference programs, and conference posters.